top of page
Time & Location
10 Feb 2022, 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm SGT
About The Event
Statistics 101: R, by LKC Research Committee and LKC Graduate Student's Club
For all students doing research, do sign up for this lesson on R, a powerful statistical tool that is free for use.
R is a piece of powerful statistical software that is often used in research, and can be difficult to pick up alone; Nevin from GSC will be teaching how to use it at a medical student level!
- Basic introduction to R (installation/data types in R)
- Reading in data files (from excel/txt files)
- Basic Statistics (Finding Variance/Covariance/Correlation)
- Performing T tests using R (i.e. before drug treatment vs after treatment etc)
- Creating Linear models and their interpretation
- Performing ANOVA tests in R
- Creating figures from these data for publications / reports.
During the lesson, there will be opportunities for students to conduct the analysis with sample data (hands-on!). This will be sent via email.
Sign up at https://www.lkcmedsoc.com/events-signup
bottom of page